Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132)
About This Visa
Subclass Applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply, a person must lodge an Expression of Interest, be nominated by a state or territory government, and
- have personal and business assets of AUD1.5 million (AUD400,000 must be net assets in the business), and have a business turnover of AUD3 million, or
- have obtained at least AUD1 million in funding from an Australian venture capital firm for a promising high value business idea.
This visa has two streams.
- The Significant Business History stream is for affluent owners or part owners of a business who want to have a major management role in a new or existing business in Australia.
- The Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream is for people who have obtained at least AUD1 million in funding from an Australian venture capital firm.
Significant Business History stream
If you apply for the Significant Business History stream, you (or your partner, or you and your partner combined) must have all of the following:
- you must be less than 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the relevant region
- net assets of at least AUD400 000 (in a qualifying business) in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- total assets of at least AUD1.5 million that can be legally transferred to Australia within two years of the visa being granted
- a total annual turnover of at least AUD3 million (in one or more of your main businesses) in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- ownership of at least:
- 51 per cent of a business with turnover of less than AUD400 000 per annum, or
- 30 per cent of a business with turnover of more than AUD400 000 per annum, or
- 10 per cent of a publicly-listed company
- an overall successful business career with no involvement in unacceptable business activities
- a genuine desire to own and maintain a management role in a business in Australia
Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream
If you apply for the Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream, you must have obtained at least AUD1 million in funding from an Australian Venture capital firm for the start-up, product commercialisation or business development relating to a promising high value business idea.
Why use Turner Coulson Immigration Lawyers?
Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132) can be refused for a number of reasons. The Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132) application also has strict criteria which all must be met and only very limited waiver provisions for age, English language and skill requirements exist.
It is essential that the visa application is assessed, structured and lodged in a way to satisfy all applicable DIBP law and policy. Turner Coulson (Immigration Lawyer Sydney) has years of experience handling the most complex cases and achieving positive outcomes in circumstances where the applicant would have failed if we were not involved.
What to do next and how to apply?
Getting the right advice upfront is essential so contact for a free no obligation discussion with one of our advisors who are ready and waiting to assist you applying for your visa.
We will assess your situation on an individual basis and provide you with the best advice to make your stay in Australia hassle-free.